Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Gearing Up to Track Multiple Dogs

It may seem as if I'd let this project drop...that's not at all true.  Life has just been incredibly complex this year and I've not been proactive in gathering data for the project.

I have been continuing my research about dog breeds, what the various breeds were created to do, and how their foot morphology might be related to the jobs they were bred to do.

It's a fascinating subject and I've found some differences of opinion, especially related to where and when dogs originated. I won't even make an attempt to distill the theories out there.  I think most of them are valid in part - and we probably won't ever know the real origin(s) of the dog. 

I've made real progress in setting up my documents in preparation for plugging in the data as I track more breeds and individuals.

And, for fun, I've been experimenting with different artificial substrates to see if I can get good tracks without having to drag the dog (and often and anxious owner) to a mud hole.

My next post will describe what happened when I decided to use ink and get paw prints.
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment